I've had it with my auto club

Does it even matter at this point why AAA screwed up? I don’t think it does. All that matters at this point is that they let him down and failed to provide the service for which he had already paid. The only reason to call AAA at this point is to help them improve their business, and my belief is that popof9 does not owe them that courtesy.

popof9, make sure you check out the links I provided above. It sounds like Good Sam has what you are looking for.

Like I said, in Minnesota, the most powerfull guy in the whole organization was the one in charge of road service. The minute anyone got three service calls he would drop them period, and no one could do anything about it. It really really ticked people off because without the membership, their auto or health insurance could not continue. Some folks would just have a streak of bad luck with their cars trying to resolve a problem but they’d be dropped anyway. Didn’t matter if they had their 20 year tag or not.

it really does’nt matter which club you belong too
90% are run out of Schaumburg,Il by GE travel
join the club which sends you the best pictures.

I’ve never been a member of AAA (call them what they are I guess) and it’s a good thing based on what’s been related.

It almost sounds like a variation on a pyramid scheme; constantly dragging in new members to replace the ones that quit or get dropped.

That’s a pretty horrible way to treat anybody.

Cash is a BAD idea - good way of getting robbed. Also, at the current $3.50 per mile, you could pay HUNDREDS of dollars to have a car towed- towing insurance is WAY better. WHy not try the “anti-autoclub” advertised by Click and Clack? Better World, isn’t it? Worth a try!

Pop, I Would Have Dialed 9-1-1 And Explained That A Break-Down In Inclement Weather Was Endangering The Life Of A Lone Motorist . . . My Wife !

I’d explain that it would be quite a while until help would arrive and that due to being 2 1/2 hours away that I couldn’t respond in a timely manner.

This is the type of situation for which 911 can be helpful. I have a police / fire scanner set up in my house and we listen to local emergency calls. This call would certainly be appropriate. An officer could have responded and kept your wife safe or transported her to safety.

Also, 911 dispatchers have lists of wrecker services and often are helpful with insurance co-op requests and understand these situations, etcetera.

I Don’t blame you for dumping Eh!, Eh!, Eh! or whatever company you were with.

Correction - The wife should be the one calling 911 in order to obtain help in that locale. It would complicate things to call from a remote location.

CSA

I too have the State Farm tow insurance and my wife has used them on occasion. While you lose a discount for a short period of time, the total cost is far less than membership over the same timeframe.

Check the credit cards you have, some of them have features that you may not be aware of.