Is uneven tire wear (left vs right) common with front wheel drive cars?

Race cars always turning left such as most NASCAR and Indy car races wear out the right side tires much more than the left due to weight transfer. I’m on my second FWD and so far the front tires wear quicker than the rears. Weight transfer? I rotate front to rear at 5,000 miles which includes cleaning tires and wheels. It is no extra charge at my trusted tire shop. They also cover any road hazard damage including tire replacement and adjusting tire pressure when needed.

I am over 76 and still did my own rotations until I bought tires from a local shop that includes free rotations. I got free rotations from the Toyota dealer too but I stopped going there when I could not stop them from tightening the wheel to the 300 ft lb range. It took all my weight on a 3 fr pipe over my breaker bar to get them loose. I have had two rotations and it is clear that they are torquing them to the correct 85 ft lb. I can break them free wit one hand on the 18" breaker bar.

I don’t do any heavy work anymore, just things like brakes, radiators, intake manifolds. I would no longer would do an engine or transmission unless I had a hobby car and could take as long as I want. We only have one car now and can’t keep it out of service long.