Is It Better To Lease or Purchase New Cars?

hmm interesting… And Kia’s are part of Hyundai aren’t they? At least that’s what I thought. I would think a 2015 model as such would have a pretty quiet ride with little road noise

Kias and Hyundais are virtually identical. Whatever a disgruntled rental employee says seems to disagree with what general surveys say.

He may have based his opinion on earlier models and some bad examples…

I remember having my wife’s Nissan in at Midas. The manager told me Hyundais were expensive junk, mainly because he had to get the mufflers from Hyundai since Midas did not have their own house brand yet.

If you are going by hearsay, get a LOT of input from MANY people associated with the products!!!

Agreed mate

I was in back of a Kia the other day and I thought if I bought one, how easy it would be to paint the oval all black to hide the name. I was thinking black but I suppose you could paint it Ford blue and fool everyone. These days it seems like people like to hide the names and sometimes you really have to look to see what it actually is.

I don’t know what this has to do with the conversation but it was just a thought I had anyway.

Why would you paint the Kia oval black

Because driving Kia is a crime against humanity, and you should be ashamed of yourself . . . ?

No reason to be ashamed, if that’s what you drive

I’m going to start car shopping for my mom. She wants a newer car, and I haven’t ruled out Kia

Right after KIA entered The US marketplace, my brother made the statement that he could never bring himself to drive a car with that nameplate.

When I asked him why, he replied that he had to print “KIA” in personnel records far too many times in Vietnam, after men in his unit were killed, and that just seeing those initials gave him bad memories. KIA is the military abbreviation for Killed In Action.

One of these days, I will have to ask him if he still feels the same way.

Painting over a Kia oval seems a bit crazy to me and it’ll also devalue the cars resale price should you ever want to sell it… If you don’t like Kia then buy amother make.

" it’ll also devalue the cars resale price should you ever want to sale it"

…or even if you sell it…

DB- I had a 2004 KIA Optima for 10 years and only replaced because I needed a truck. Take a look at the Kia Soul .

To Me KIA Is Another One Of Those Cars With No Dealer Support. I Would Have No Idea Which Direction To Head In To Find A Dealer. It Would Be In Hundreds Of Miles. This Doesn’t Apply To Everybody, But Personally I’d Need A KIA Or Hyundai Like I Need Tap Dance Lessons.
:wink:
CSA

Lack of dealer support is definitely not a problem in the Los Angeles area :wink:

@VDCdriver thanks for that :stuck_out_tongue:

CSA- you must live so far out in the country you have to head toward town to hunt.

30 k and a kia is toast? Good thing there is a 100k warranty! course we will only have it 3 years and 30k miles, troubles with the cvt transmissions on new cars or ten year life on a $2000 battery pack on a hybrid might be taken into consideration. I succumbed because of the greater expense for car repairs and a seeming blossom of expensive troubles.
Friday night barky dog music, thought of orange blossom special, but think Jerry Lee Trouble in Mind a Better Fit

Some of the Kia models have sportier aspirations than the equivalent Hyundai models and have a firmer ride

Nothing gets by VDC but looks like he edited it.

So how about a MIA instead? (Missing in Action) Its kinda like when we bought our Acura, I complained about that big ugly chrome piece on the trunk and the dealer said they could paint it if I wanted. I said I’ll just paint it myself if I don’t get used to it, but who designs this stuff and do they really think it looks good? I’m not sure if its the KIA or one of the other full sized ones that the bubble trunk looks like the Russian cars in the old James Bond movies. You have to admit that the good Ole USA has the best, or among the best designers. Or used to anyway. I remember going out in the garage and just admiring the looks of my Olds. Not many cars today I would do that with.

I’m just wasting time so I don’t have to get any work done.

@Bing

“You have to admit that the good Ole USA has the best, or among the best designers”

You are surely aware that the automotive industry is global, and has been for a long time now

Quite possibly the domestic cars you’re thinking of were designed by a team, which probably includes many non-Americans, or at least many people who were born in other countries

I was born in another country, as were MANY of the regulars, I might add. Heck, some of the regulars are even living outside of the US

It’s common knowledge that auto designers jump ship from time to time. So a designer might spend a few years with a european manufacturer, then an american, and so on

the guy that designed your Olds may have very well also designed a few foreign name plate cars

@Bing I do not recall how long ago I quit recognizing one car from another, in the day, ooh sidelights, etc, thy all look so similar, even with my 03 trailblazer I might walk up to the wrong suv.

I think I’m stuck in the 50’s and 60’s where the design teams were in Detroit and if you wanted a job as a car designer or auto engineer you went to Detroit. No offense to our Canadian friends either but those cars had some weird trim on them. So the body panels on a 61 Canadian Ford were the same as the US but with some weird trim on them to make them look different.

I bet the man who can’t stand KIA because of his military duty has not changed his views

I was drafted in 1964, I did not even go over, never saw combat, but when I came home I could not even kill an ant. Before, I loved hunting and fishing, and used to kill the small farm animals when my mother requested it. Not after my two years.

I do not understand why, either. If I had seen combat, it would be different.

I have talked to other vets who had the same experience. Strange!

I got out of service 50 years today, I just noticed. I can now kill bugs, but still can’t slaughter chickens nor other animals.

Though I am not sure since it has never happened nor do I expect it to ever happen, I do suspect I can kill a human, if that is any clue to what happened.