How to remove my '96 Buick Roadmaster tire?

The metal trap under my kitchen sink rusted out on an Easter Sunday morning and we were having 15 people for dinner after church. This was in the 70s and there was no place open to get a new trap.

A1964 Valiant radiator hose from my junk pile of slant six parts did the job and lasted many years until I replaced the sink.

@ken green ‘Thanks…could you go over there and bring a couple of rocks ? :)’’ Priceless!

I don’t think there is supposed to be a bearing cap on that. I believe it is just the spindle nut with the cotter key in it instead of a lock nut. I agree with everyone else though to have somebody do it for you at this point. Instructions should be in the trunk lid or owners manual but really tow truck drivers do this all the time.

mensa means cafeteria in german

@Bing The Roadmaster is based on the old Chevy Caprice rear wheel drive platform. Rock Auto lists the dust cap for a whopping 98 cents.

I think we all took it “HOOK LINE AND SINKER”.

And I took that bait the hardest.

You will note that @Roadmaster never came back.

I think someone was having a good laugh at seeing what all of our responses were.And they probably didn’t even notice that the dust cap was missing when they took the pictures.

We’ve been had!!!

Yosemite

@Yosemite Yeah, you may be right!

I’m also beginning to think that the OP’s question was not a serious post.

I had gone back to look at the pictures again, and noticed the OPs handle "Roadmonster"
Makes me think of someone who has a big truck with a 10 inch lift kit and over sized tires.

If that is true…they would at least know how to change a tire.

Yosemite

^
…or, “Roadmonster” is a humorous take on "Roadmaster…

Well better to be had once in a while than someone hurting themselves. I stand corrected on the bearing cap. What a monstrosity those Roadmasters were.

Roadmonster…Roadmaster, It never dawned on me. Danged you’re smart as a whip today.

Yosemite

If mensa mambers were so dang smart…why did they allow their acronym to stick…what with so many other meanings as a word ?

The Navajo Nation goes out of their way to create a pronounceable acronym by inserting a lot of un-necessary words for the sake of an acronym.

Yosemite Your plumber story reminded of something similar. There was a house and shop on the corner where I turned on my way home from work. In the yard was a sign advertising “Lawnmower and Small Engine Repair”. It was difficult to read the lower part due to the grass being 2 1/2 feet high!

ken green Mensa/menso: Foolish, stupid. Much like tonto: Fool. It’s a wonder the Lone Ranger didn’t wake up scalped!