How often do I need to get tire rotation/balance, and wheel alignment?

It is in your owners manual but since you can’t find it here it is . Mr Google says every 5000 miles or 6 months . Is this your first vehicle ?

Below is a 2007 Nissan maintenance guide. The maintenance guide is not in the owners manual, it is a separate book.

Rotating the tires every 6 months is a waste of time if you only drive 3000 miles each year.

Pretty much… Unless you are a totally oblivious driver that doesn’t notice leads and pulls or the steering wheel not being straight… then I’d suggest yearly. Or if you live in the Detroit Michigan area, every 3 months… because I know the roads have potholes big enough to swallow a Sentra.

1 Like

It really depends. Here in NH just driving around early spring with all the potholes can easily put a vehicle out of alignment. I don’t like these lifetime alignments. Their main purpose is to bring you in so they can find something wrong. And $100 is awfully steep for an alignment.

Back when I was in an auto mechanics school, and all cars had adjustments for caster, camber, and toe, several of my classmates worked after school in tire chain shops.

They were frustrated because they said they learned how to properly align a front end at school, but their bosses told them to just do toe-in, and not bother with caster and camber.

I remember those days with all the shims working in my local garage. My brother went to an automotive school. We both still do our own alignments. Recently had to add caster adjustment bolts to my non adjustable Mc Pherson strut front end.
It’s almost criminal paying $100 for a toe in adjustment or $200 for a lifetime excuse to find mostly imaginary problems.

Have you tried looking in the glove box?

3 Likes

lol … I guess there’s no money to be made giving out free alignments :slight_smile:

And you pretty behind in the automotive knowledge dept. In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

3 Likes

Now that’s a gonna get flagged.