How much do I tell the dealer?

You haven’t told us whether the shop checked for stored codes, and if so what they were. The fact that the MIL stopped shining does not mean that the codes aren’t still in the computer and does not mean that a problem doesn’t still exist. And, should any subsequent damage be incurred, not having had the codes properly addressed could leave you reaponsible for any resultant damages.You might end up with a big bill when you turn the car in that you will not be able to avoid.

If you buy a car you get to make choices of whether to address certain unclear issues. And you get to make judgements on whether the problem will cause future problems and what you want to do or not do about it. If you lease, the terms typically don’t allow you to make those judgement calls.

That’s one of the downsides of leasing. Even if you get a simple dent, or you have a problem that appears inert, you have no choice but pay for its repair…whether it affects the utility of the vehicle or not.

I got a couple codes but don’t have the numbers. The shop said since they couldn’t reproduce them with a test drive that there isn’t anything they could do and i shouldn’t worry about it. It was something about an evaporative leak, and ECM control system. If I should have the dealer check them out, I can surely do that.

I’m satisfied from your last response that you’ve done your due diligence. Save your copy of the shop order just in case there’s any questions in the future.