How do I know if I changed my own spark plugs correctly?

You’re right insightful. It’s a bad habit I’ve had for years that I should try to break.

I’m glad to hear that I’m not the only one that EZ-Outs have not worked too well for.
Here I thought it was just me.

My dad always said that torque wrenches have their place in situations where you need them. But he also said that some people should always use them because they don’t know when to stop tightening.

Yosemite

Yes yes…Insightful You are correct… no argument here…

Torque Anecdote:
We Had A Mechanic At The Dealership Where I Worked, A Big Burly Guy From Yugoslavia Named Camille, Who Took Pride In His Ability To Torque Fasteners Precisely Without A Torque Wrench. When Questioned About This, He’d Smile And Say He Was Using “The Camille Feel.” :smile:
CSA

I’ve found that the bigger the guy…the more torque they apply…and are in some way proud of this fact.

Broken wheel studs and twisted trans bolts are the result… Not all…but some of the bigger guys do this as if it were commendable

Blackbird

Another Anecdote:
At The Dealership We Had A German Guy Who When He First Arrived In America, Got A Job On A Thunderbird Assembly Line. He Explained That He Had The Job Of Tightening Some Sort Of Exhaust Bolts. He Took Pride In Knowing How To Properly Torque The Fasteners With His Impact.

He Was Told By Supervision That He Wasn’t Tightening Them Enough. That Hurt His Pride. He Could Not Convince Them Otherwise, But Related That From Then On He Used Sufficient Torque To Strip Every Thread He Encountered And Never Had Another Complaint. This Wasn’t A German Factory! :neutral: