Honda Overheating

Yes it is the correct cluster. The whole panel was replaced last week, well after all of the problems started. It was just one of the things I decided to have fixed while trying to figure things out(the speedometer/rpm gauge haven’t worked for nearly 3 years). It was used, pulled from the same model with the same engine. It was from a car with a torn up rear end and had 38,000something miles on it.

I really appreciate all the replies from everyone and the ideas. I unfortunately can’t get the vehicle checked over for these things until the weekend. I checked fuses today and everything was fine there. We will see if there is air in the system, then check the thermostat to see if it is working right and I will look into checking the current. I really think something electrical could be going on. Of course I haven’t ruled out the head gasket but its best to rule the others out first.

Also discovered that an aftermarket remote start was installed under the steering column. It was just hanging out up there, it wasn’t functional, I think some components were missing. I am not familiar with the wiring systems at all. Is it possible that this could be were the problem is also? I think thats what is causing the door locks to no longer work.

It could definitely cause the door locks to stop working (because it’s probably a remote start / alarm combo), but I cannot imagine how it would cause your engine to overheat.

I can’t say what that recently discovered wiring is for your car, but on my Corolla I discovered some wiring in the start circuitry which wasn’t supposed to be there, and it was something the dealership installed to prevent car theft from their lot. I hit my knee on it one day, cracked the connecter, and then the car wouldn’t crank. That’s how I discovered it.