High interest-rates!

You sound like one of those people who likes to place blame rather than look inward at the root cause of your problems. The answer to your hypothetical situation is to run out and buy a fairly new car at 25% interest?? Is that the extent of your problem solving skills?

Of course not. Haven’t I been clear on that? I believe that every problem has a solution and that there should have been a better solution than the deal that the OP made. I have tried to offer helpful suggestions, and I have neither tried to justify the purchase nor have I tried to blame the OP since we have no way of knowing her personal circumstances.

I simply refuse to assume that the OP has sole responsibility for her situation without knowing all of the facts. There are so many abused spouses out there and mothers who have been abandoned by deadbeat fathers that I refuse to blame anyone without knowing the facts. Your rant indicates that you are ready to blame the OP for her problems without knowing a single damn fact about what her problems are. That just isn’t cool.

I am keeping an open mind while your cursory judgement lacks compassion and knowledge. You have ignorantly and cruelly assumed facts not in evidence. It looks to me like the only one assigning blame is you. Shame on you.

One more thing. If you doubt my problem solving skills, please take note of the nine suggestions that I offered for solving this problem on the previous page. What problem solving suggestions have you offered? Are finger pointing and demonstrating your ignorance the the extent of your problem solving skills?

Its such a sad fact. My brother in law(finance director of major dealership chain) says its much easier to make money selling a inexpensive brand new car to a poor credit risk vs a more expensive car to a person with good credit. Poor credit risks are more willing/apt to sign the extra’s and take high profit add ons and artificially high interest loans than a good credit buyer. New car sales have little money in them due to info age. Used its where its at.