Help

A wild thought . . . what if after the head gasket repair, the engine actually did run, but the mechanic told the lady otherwise, and proposed the “trade” . . . ?!

Ah, one more possible scenario… none of them honest.

@db4690 … sounds like you’ve already cleared up the mix-up about whether the car was sold or not.

I presume your principal complaint about the shop ethics is that replacing the radiator on a car that has overheated and then won’t start, well any experienced mechanic would know a radiator replacement in that situation is unlikely to make the car start. If that’s the actual sequence of events, then the shop didn’t treat the customer right.

But I’m assuming that is probably not exactly the way it happened. The OP probably condensed the story in the interests of brevity. OP is welcome to chime in and explain with more detail.

I agree but this is a comedy of errors. Plus throw in the fact that if there was a lien on the car, she had no right to sell it in the first place. No wonder the title hadn’t been transferred-she didn’t have the title, the bank did.