Help! My car has lost power while accelerating

Thanks. You are indeed correct. I just got the work-order out and he has written P0715 in addition to the P1529 (which we knew already). The exact costs are:

Diagnosis (30 mins): $49
Labor to replace sensor (1 hr): $98
Sensor-Input 42620-39051: $69.62

I called the Hyundai dealer and spoke to a mechanic. He told me that the sensors are not covered in the limited Powertrain warranty. He said that only mechanical stuff is covered. Does that sound correct to you?

Thanks!

Did you have this replacement done at a Hyundai dealer or with a private repair shop? I have had this service before, and believe it needs to be repeated 2.5 years later on my 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe, but the dealer originally charged $600 and now is quoting $400. Your $200 sounds more like the ballpark I would like to be playing in.

Thanks!

Hi, I had it done at a mechanic that I found through Cartalk’s mechanics files:

My mechanic was great and I have been back since. The dealer always tries to rip you off, at least IMHO.

Good luck!

I just read through your thread. I believe you should be awarded a special commendation for providing a clear factual description and providing clear full answers to all questions.

Your prize is some great advice.

Maybe not great advice, but you might be able to save a few dollars by going to an independent mechanic. Ask friends and family for a suggestion.