Help DIY Car

You can now buy complete classic Mustang bodies, all new.

I saw when Ford introduced that. I thought it was pretty cool. Same classic style…but made with modern steel and modern techniques. So it’s considered a LOT BETTER then the original.

Only $15k
http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCatalog/SheetMetal/body.htm

Could buy a very good used Honda for that money, still like the idea of a mid -50s F-series ford pickup those things are light weight and with BigMuthas and a deep red or blue paintjob look very good-Kevin

Those that are willing to buy a prefab old style body aren’t really looking for a used Honda.
Somebody, like me, who would do a GT500 clone from a 67 Mustang would probably be looking at $15k for a rust free body anyways; so why not save yourself the trouble of driving all over the country to check cars out, just buy the prefab body from YearOne(or whoever is selling them).

$15000 for the body
$10000~12000 for a complete, performance, engine - could probably build cheaper, but a turn-key engine is nice
$2~4000 for performance transmission to handle high torque output
$2000 for performance suspension setup
$1500 for big brake kit
$2000 for rims and tires
$5000 for misc body parts, trim pieces, electrical, interior

I’m sure I’m missing things and might be off on some of the prices, but if one were to do a GT500 clone build, it’d probably be cheaper than buying the real thing($120k+)

More and more classic bodies are being reproduced, building a Mustang/Camaro/Bronco with late model parts is much easier. You won’t get your investment back in most cases but you can make the car what you want without having to deal with a rusty or wrecked body first.