Help! 2003 ford taurus ruff idle

I don’t have much experience with that trunk switch other that having seen one, but my understanding is that it completely cuts off the fuel flow when activated. So if your engine runs at all, that’s unlikely to be related to the poor performance,

thanks!! if you have read any of the other parts i would greatly appreciate any input.

thanks for all your help!!! if you think of anything else please post i’ll keep checking back.

If you plan to continue to diy’er repair this car, suggest to at least purchase a Haynes or Chilton manual for it. Check your local library too, they may have one you can borrow for free. Makes no sense to fly blind when a manual is available for very little cost.

Check for vacuum hoses that may have been knocked off. If you removed the air cleaner hose and lid check that there are no leaks between the air cleaner and throttle body.

What is the idle speed? Perhaps the idle air control valve is stuck.

again thanks so much was just looking into those manuals.

thanks. i will check the hoses. the idle speed is under 1000 rpm maybe 800.

Like I said before, I think you are going down the wrong road. That is an inertia switch. All it does is shut the fuel pump off so the engine won’t run if the car gets bounced around. That has nothing to do with your problem. Purge the air out of the system, check your work for hoses off or leaking, and maybe check a manual out of the library. The system needs to relearn all of the engine settings because of the battery being disconnected I believe.

I think you may have installed the thermostat backwards. You need to remove the t-stat housing and check that first.

Yosemite