Haunted Car

Not a good idea to tow a car that has been sitting for 20+ years on it’s tires that are surely dry-rotted, other than getting out of the barn it should have been on a flatbed or on tow dollies. The assumption that the drive belt for the gen. was still in any shape/tension to turn the gen. is a huge stretch. It’s more likely that the tow truck driver would be dealing w/a blown tire than wondering about headlights. One of the dumber puzzerlers ever!

bo-o-o-gus: any tow truck driver would make sure the car was in neutral… and in the process he would have noticed the driver door was locked… and the passenger door was ajar

Wow, there sure are more than a few who go out of their way to miss the spirit of the puzzler. Griping about how no truck driver would tow a car on old tires, or no truck driver would tow without insuring it was in neutral. Seems to me the point of the puzzler was just to identify the reason that the lights would be on only while it was being towed. Anyone’s assumptions of what a tow truck driver would or wouldn’t do are irrelevant. You have to look at the information that was presented in the puzzler; you can’t go making assumptions about things.

I think my point is that the “correct” answer requires the assumption that so many things be done wrong or in a manner contrary to the norm and good practice as to make this puzzler almost inconceivable.

Is it just me or are they repeating a lot of puzzlers lately?

Like that never happens in the real world. Puh-leeze.

It’s just you.

have no clue do you?

Like that never happens in the real world. Puh-leeze.