GDI Carbon Buildup

I rented a 2019 Corolla couple months back, 2000 mile one week trip, and while I’ve complained about the keyless entry reliability and expense problems posted here, I was soon ignoring the key in the lock method and punching those buttons on the fob to open and close the doors and trunk , like I’d been doing it all my life … lol … I continue to prefer the manual windows though on my 28 year old Corolla, to the power windows on the 2019. I was constantly having trouble figuring out which button to press and which direction to press it to open and close the windows on the 2019. Given this button confusion & reliability problems power windows noted here, not enough bang for the buck. The other thing I noticed about the 2019 equipped w/automatic vs the 1992 equipped w/manual is the 92 is very noticeably quicker and nimbler in the 0-35 mph range, the steering is more responsive, the feel for the road is better, and generally the 92 is much more fun to drive than the 2019. Another problem with the 2019, visibility. Especially the massive A-pillar which was constantly blocking the view out the front windshield. I did like the back-up camera on the 2019, that’s a very good safety feature and makes backing up considerably easier. As for the other “advanced” features on the 2019 … meh …

1 Like