French protest proposed new fuel tax

You would not have seen the buses leaving the US, only when returning, since customs is only required upon return. Flights go to Europe from Dulles or BWI, but Belgium would likely be just Dulles.

Speaking of Dulles, if you happen to fly into or out of the airport, the Air and Space Museum Annex is very close to the airport, and would be a great way to spend a few hours waiting for a plane.

2 Likes

…only if the majority of adults have lost most of their teeth by the time that they reach the venerable age of 35 or so…

That is one of my favorite places on earth. Where else can you see a shuttle and an SR-71 at the same time without turning your head?

And it’s even got at least 2 car related things!

A 1950 Fulton Airphibian:

And a 1957 Waterman Aerobile:

Plus, if you really know your wonky vehicle history, you’ll recognize this airplane:

as having the same body as this car:

Jim Bede had to stop making airplanes for 10 years because of a consent decree with the FTC related to the fact that he was a truly craptastic businessman and his customers gave him money and didn’t get airplanes. So rather than get a normal job, he used the molds for the BD-5 airplane to make the Litestar Pulse 3-wheeler (which had 4 wheels! but only 3 touched at any one time).

2 Likes

Seems to be the case a lot when I visit my grandfather up in the Lock Haven area lol

I finally got down to see that a few years ago…what a great place!!