First Car at 50

My 84 year old dad has an 07 Ford Focus, 4 door hatchback.
No dog…but a 1959 Epihone ‘‘dog house’’ bass fiddle.
He drives Texas to Ohio and back many times ( bass fiddle inside for his jazz band reunions. all 4 mambers still alive and kickin’ ) and it’s all he really needs.

I hope that’s true with honda and Acura. Never tried it but I did try to buy a part once from honda and the guy wouldn’t do it.

Checked in to a holiday inn Sunday. Got the no smoking lecture and had to sign a promise or risk a hefty charge. Now it was about 3 degrees out so after he got all done protecting his property from smoke, I said but the dogs ok right? He kinda looked at me like oh no not a dog, and I said I was just kidding. No sense of humor.

I’ve seen the new Transit Connect at an auto show. Luxurious it isn’t, though it might be a bit fancier than the very basic old one. What it is is bigger and a whole lot uglier. It’s still designed as a small work van, but a little more flexible than the old one. I’m not sure I could comfotably lie down in the old one, but the new one would be a snap. If I did fit, the old one would make a nice little mini camper. And I think it’s kind of cute.