Extended warranties

Come to think of it?my dealership rep was rude when I began asking questions. And very impatient. I paid up $779 for repairing an issue discovered at their shop -no questions asked for that one-and still the rep had no time to answer my perfectly reasonable questions?. Hmmm, I’ll take it to the neighborhood gas station for my next oil change! And watch how they treat me!

Depending on your city of course, the college may offer auto repair. They do here at UNM Gallup branch. My daughter can do vehicle maintainence , my son can’t open the hood :), At my Ford dealer we have a diesel certified female tech.
When doing these things yourself, the nuts and bolts are easy with a few basic hand tools.
It’s the diagnostics sometimes when we’re glad to pay a pro who knows their stuff.

I don’t mean to insult all those great females who know how to change their flat tire in the middle of the road. More power to them, unfortunately I don’t possess these life-saving skills.

Why don’t you have this skill?
If you should be able to do anything on your car at all, this is probably [u]THE[/u] most important one.
It could very well save your life, or at least get you out of a bad situation.

BC.

I liked it when customers both bought and used their extended warranties as there was no restriction on upselling with extended warranties.Bring your car in for problem “X” and I will find every other thing that is wrong with your car that the extended warranty will pay to be fixed, all on the same deductible (meaning one trip).

I will still tell you about items that warranty will not pay for, you can rest assured.

You see, I know what to look for and you do not, it is my job.Perhaps it never occured to you that your warranty will pay to fix that “less than perfect” rubber part or that discolored trim piece, I can word the claim so it gets covered. We call it a “win/win” situation.

UNM as University of New Mexico? Wow?I need to check how far I will travel to get a course like this in Philly. I also have a son and a daughter, alas, I doubt either one can open the hood(:-

How is your weather over there? I bet it beats the Philly winter blues.

Definitely I do not know what to look for. Hopefully I will get more intuitive and smell trouble before it occurs in the future. Thank you.