Ever turning lug nuts: lefty...but not loosey (and yes they really are turning)

Hey, you do what you can. I never would have thought of the welder.

@ok4450
You are absolutely correct, that waterpump was a beast, but the engine was a 1,7 liter engine that SAAB bought from Triumph in England. And even in a Triumph, that engine was a disaster.
For some odd reason, some of those engines could not pull a flie off a wall, and the next one would take off like a bat out of you know where.

Are we sure these are not the fake hubcap lug nuts?

GM is the only vehicle manufacturer that had lug nuts with condoms.

Great idea GM!

But I’ve seen lug nuts over-tightened to the point where the splines on the lug stud are stretched to the point that they strip out when trying to remove the lug nut.

My son-in-law had to have his truck towed to the shop because some of the lug studs on one wheel striped out when trying to replace a flat.

I ended up replacing all the lug nuts/studs because of over-tightening.

Tester

the same mountainbike: Fortunately I learned about the Mopar left hand threads when my buddy who worked with me at a Chevron station was repairing a slow leak in the left rear tire of his 1967 Plymouth Satellite. He showed me the "L"s stamped on the end of the studs.

If we knew the vehicle we would be more accurate… I would Hate to think you are turning the fake lug bolts on a hubcap or wheel cover. Other times lug nuts have metal caps on them that cover the actual lug nut.

Stripped studs are indeed quite rare in my experience…however it can exist…no doubt about that. Studs usually snap rather than strip…but it depends on the incompetence of the guy with the wrench really.

Let us know the vehicle…and a picture of your wheel may help determine if the wheel cover might be fooling you into thinking that you are removing the actual lug nuts or not.

Blackbird

Lets see, the OP posted 9 days ago so it is quite possible they have solved their problem by now.

Was thinking the same thing…I also suspect the solution would have involved embarrassment, but thats just me…

Blackbird

“Lets see, the OP posted 9 days ago so it is quite possible they have solved their problem by now.”

Or… I Hate To Think About It, But Perhaps A Pack Of Wolves Came By Our Motorist, Stranded On The Roadside, And Rendered The Whole Discussion Unnecessary. :neutral:
CSA

Tester…I have owned a couple of Dodge Dakotas and Dodge is not made by GM. I think Ford may also have lug nut covers on some models with alloy wheels. I know that some auto parts stores used to sell them as well.

I have the stainless steel lug nut covers wrapped on my Ford. They aren’t the screw-threaded ones used on my GM truck. Neither is that good an idea.

I finally get it. The fake chromed “lug nuts” on pry off wheel covers. I have seen those. Probably J.C. Whitney.