European Synthetic Oil?

My dad told me about the global cooling phenomenon he heard about in the 1960s that was supposed to kill us all off by 2000. Then the IT people told us about Y2K and how everything run by computers was going to come to a crashing halt on Jan 1, 2000 unless we paid them oodles of dollars by Dec 31, 1999 to fix the problem. Then came Al Gore with his global warming theory, which he probably discovered online (I’m so glad he invented the Internet in time to save man and, especially, womankind), and now it’s “non-sludging synthetic Euro oil”!!! Ol’ PT was right. Only there are millions born every minute. European synthetic oil that doesn’t sludge like American Synthetic does, I guess is what you’re saying, VDC? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL! STOP! YER KILLIN’ ME! Where do you get this stuff, VDC? However, in your defense, I have heard that if people don’t use European Synthetic Oil they can offset the irreparable damage they will do to car engines, not to mention the whole galaxy, by buying oil credits from Al Gore. No, it’s true. Somebody who sounded like they knew what they were talking about, like the Y2K and global warming guys, said that. And, if I were you, doityourself, (if you don’t change your own oil, why the monicker?) I’d ignore the scientists at the Mobil website who can answer all your questions on the evils of American Synthetic Oil. Sludging synthetic oil? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL !!!

How about some “Extra Virgin” SX rated Mineral Base Motor Oil. Change it every 3000 miles and sleep like a baby…

The Teutonic’s build a car as a package that will endure near 100% power output indefinitely. That’s how they make them. My BMW was factory rated at a given top sustainable speed. Back in the 70’s the BMW 2002 (not a model year) advertised 125 top speed and 100mph all day long …something no American car would claim.

Lots of oils will work for most US driver needs. A bunch of the ACEA spec’s are bogus for wear prevention or sludge prevention. They have to deliver 2% economy improvement while so much volatility …while only so much wear …while only so much deposit formation …over so many miles. Just about any synthetic 5w-40 diesel oil will be way up to the task, but can’t deliver on the fancy dancy stuff.

M1 0w-40 is on just about every list since they probably cooped with the OEM during engine design. Everyone else had to pay XOM for the right to carry the spec in licensing.

If engines need a very special oil to keep them alive, the question you should be asking is what’s wrong with the engine design or the materials used to manufacture it…Trick oil can only compensate for junk for so long…

The Ferrari Enzo uses special Shell Helix oil that costs $60/qt. Yup, that trick oil can only compensate for that junk for so long…