Ethics and Responsibility**

I’m not trolling you here. And I’m not trying to insult you:

You need medication. You should seek psychiatric help to get it. You’re exhibiting the classic symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia. Get help before you hurt yourself or someone else.

I will fix your ride for $6,000 payable in advance.

No one is trolling you. You post a 1000 word essay (full of a 1000 holes) while mentioning a thought process that no one gives a carp (sic) about.
I was willing to cut you some slack on the original post but the follow-ups kind of lead me to think there’s more to this deal than what you have related.
A Youtube video of the conversation at the shop might answer a few questions.

Motorcycles are adult toys, not motor vehicles…If you can’t afford your toys, stop buying them…Trying to fix broken toys can be VERY difficult and expensive. Good toy fixers are few and far between… You want to hear some real wailing, listen to the crying on a Ferrari forum…You break one of Enzo’s toys, you MAKE the parts you need to fix it…

I would think being a mechanic working on Ferraris that were purchased second hand would have to be the most agonizing thing in the world.

A few years back I remember stumbling across a couple of repair costs on a Ferrari although I don’t remember the model. Something like 10 grand for a clutch job, 20 grand to install a set of custom headers, etc.

Motorcycles are adult toys, not motor vehicles

Not true in Asia, the Mideast and Africa. Or anywhere, really. It would be more correct to say “If you can afford an expensive toy, a motorcycle is a great toy. If you need cheap transportation, a motorcycle is an option.”

Got to agree with piter on this one. My first vehicle was a bike, because I got one second hand, because it was cheaper to run, insure, and honestly a lot more fun than a car.

Shortly after that I got a girlfriend, who became a wife, and my biking days with the 2 of us were virtually over. She like to talk, and I didn’t want to distraction while riding. Now I ride just for fun, but I still ride.

ZoomBune, you obviously don’t know the difference between knowledge and wisdom. You can be the smartest physicist in the world, but if you don’t have the wisdom to conduct a pre-trip inspection of your motorcycle, you shouldn’t be riding one. If you don’t have the wisdom to learn from being ripped off, and give repeat business to a dishonest or incompetent shop, you are incapable of learning from your mistakes, and no amount of advice can help you.

Whitey, is your new avatar Bert at 50?

Um, with his Nobel Prize, he can buy a new Harley.

if you don’t have the wisdom to conduct a pre-trip inspection of your motorcycle…

Whitey, this individual cannot have wisdom until he gains knowledge and some common sense

I generally staff that out.

What does Dr. Pepper taste like?