E85 Ethanol and older cars (pre-unleaded)

If you want to think about eminent domain then do some net searches and read up on T. Boone Pickens, his alleged gifts to OK State U., and the land grab of hundreds of homes which were bulldozed to create an athletic village and which is now a permanent empty lot.

Of course almost everyone who is on the “losing” side of an emminent domain action is going feel just like you do. I would be too, up to a point. However, if we play devil’s advocate- there are likely to be thousands of people who stand to benefit from your pain. The new box store is convenient for them to shop at and it will improve the tax base for the entire community. It doesn’t matter one iota that it is a “private” enterprise or not because people are benefitting from its existence just as much, if not more than a road for example (which does not generate revenue).

I think I would resist only as much as makes sense. I don’t want to stay in an area that is commercializing that much and I don’t need to waste good years of my life fighting losing battles.

I agree with mtnbike…100% firmly against any COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISE taking land for THEIR benefit. It’s disguised as being good for everyone…but who determines that??? What if the business FAILS?? Then who does it benefit. I believe in a free market…How is it a FREE MARKET when the government is taking land for the sake ONE business. How is that fair to this businesses competitors??? Sorry, but I’m totally against it.

I did like what one protest group tried to do. They petitioned Weare NH for a permit to build a Hotel on Justices Souter’s farm taking it by eminent domain. It didn’t go though but it would have been sweet justice (pardon the pun) if it did.

The right to own land is a basic tenant of a free society. Being told by the state that one must sell it and move for other than public use is a basic tenant of central planning. Central planning is a basic tenant of communism.

I’ll take freedom.