E10 and E15 fuels with ethanol

Yes, but the farmers chose to grow all that corn because Congress subsidized ethanol

And Congress subsidized ethanol because the farm lobbyists told them to.

Both sides are to blame, and I don’t have a lot of sympathy for either side when they get bitten by the economic and infrastructure monster that they each had a hand in creating.

One my farming neighbors who grew pecans told me “when I have a bad year, I don’t make any money, when I have a good year, so does everybody else and the prices are so low that I don’t make any money”.

All I can say is…I’m glad I’m not a farmer.

Is this anything new? I remember being annoyed seeing a sticker on a gas pump back in the early 90s: “May contain up to 15% of ethanol” I never had a problem with using it except noticeably lower mileage sometimes. And I had carbureted vehicles at the time.

I’ve never seen a sticker saying my gas may be up to 15% ethanol. In fact, I would highly question their existence. Primarily because E15, as its called, was not legal prior to just last year. The EPA limited ethanol to 10%, or E90, for general gasoline usage. Special flex-fuel cars could run up to E85, but those pumps were clearly labeled as such.

A baby was born in the little farm house. A few minutes later, the doctor went to the father and said, “You have a new son, and he’s going to be a farmer.” “How do you know?” asked the farmer. “Because,” said the doctor, “He hasn’t stopped crying since he came out of the womb.”