Dumb question... personality question

I feel the same as Joesph. I usually HATE parting with one of my vehicles. Usually keep them to over 300k miles. I buy a new one usually only when I HAVE to. I even hated getting rid of my Vega.

I’ve thought about getting older cars. Their resale value has plateaued out.

I’ve got a 1965 chevelle malibu for sale :stuck_out_tongue:

Can I have one of your amg’s that you decide to get rid of? Ya, motorcycles, boys, cell phones don’t stick to me either… but my powerstroke is here to stay :slight_smile:

This may or may not provide some insight.

It has taken me some number of decades to conclude that all material things are inherently dissatisfiers.
Most things we buy are eventually thrown out. At some point I came to better understand things and began to cherish the things that truly matter. Then all other things took on far less importance in life. Happily, the things that truly matter cost nothing.

So, if one has a reliable car, a decent home, and reasonable comforts of life, AND fully understands the importance of these outward flourishes in their full context with the truly important, THEN one can be at peace. A part of reaching a state of peace is being free to pay attention to what you want, and to ignore the frantic buying and selling and researching and comparing that goes into consumerism.

Now, it could be that some are at peace with the lifestyle of seeking outward flourishes. And if so,
peace to you.

Signed, Last Person on Earth to Own a Big Screen TV, Have Cable, Dress in “Fashion”, Go Wireless, etc.

you have a big screen TV? wow And here I am with a 27" Wega. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was planning on getting a new car this coming spring, but since I just bought a house, I can’t really afford one just yet. When I get my finances straightened out, I should be able to get one, maybe not the SRT-8 that I was gonna get, but I’ll work something out.