Crazy Accelerator - help!

You need to call the Hyundai customer service department. The number should be in your owners manual. This is beyond the scope of your dealership or their authority to authorize repairs.

This has been discussed here before.

http://community.cartalk.com/discussion/2146246/sudden-unintended-acceleration-hyundai/p1

There are reported cases where the sudden unintended acceleration overrides the brakes although many believe that is just evidence that the driver was pressing the accelerator instead of the brakes by mistake.

I read the link and that is what is happening to me. The brakes do work when I stop it so I’m not really worried about that and I can shift in neutral pretty quickly.

I did contact Hyundai USA and the man I talked to took down my information and he is calling my dealership! Does this mean that they will fix it for free?

He didn’t sound surprised by this which makes me think he’s dealt with this problem before. I got the feeling he knew exactly what I was talking about. And I did use the term “sudden unintended acceleration.”

Manufacturers are more willing to take care of issues since Toyota paid a huge fine. This doesn’t guarantee that Hyundai will fix your problem, but after Hyunai talks to the dealer, you might get some satisfaction.