Cost of driving Electric car?

Well, when you crunch the numbers EV cars are more expensive then ICE cars right now, Mainly because of the higher cost of the EV car, I’m talking straight EV not a hybrid car. When you can compare apples to apples the break even point is in the 100,000 mile range, that when the lower cost of repairs and lower operating cost make up for the added price of the car.

Personally if the cost was lower I would drive on to work and round town and use my big car, or rent one, only when I went on trips. As long as the range in the winter was 75 miles I wouldn’t have any problems at all, I could get by with 50 miles most of time.

No problem Whitey.

I almost fell off my chair when I saw a recent ad for Prius…here everypone else is struggling to find a foothold in the hybrid or EV market segment and Toyota has created an entire “line” of Priuses, from a small EV model to a more full-sized hybrid. And they’ve done this completely out of the eye of the public…and apparently out of the eye of their competition. It’ll take years for others to catch up. IMHO they’ve really “scooped” the marketplace in the area of “green” cars.

If EVs become popular, who’s to say that electric companies won’t add an additional “peak” time? What is peak time now? 4-8pm? They would probably add another peak from 12 to 5am for those that charge at night

Peak is all day long here. Off-peak pricing is in 2 tiers, but runs from 9PM to 6AM. I think it starts at 6PM on Saturday and Sunday. I don’t think that the electric utilities will try to gouge you at night. If they did that, then they would just be encouraging you do use all those electric appliances when business power is at peak use. That would really mess up their power management plans.