Coolant reservoir is non vented at cap how does this work?

yes and your right , it doesn’t even say anything on the cap about do not remove when hot, maybe it just pushes the hot coolant into the reservoir when hot then when it cools off it sucks the coolant back into the radiator …

I did notice they routed the reservoir hose way lower than the top big radiator hose .which attaches very low to the reservoir. HHMMMM ?

That is precisely what happens.

2 Likes

This makes no difference and does not affect the way it functions.

Thanks so much I think we have it down to a science now .

your right .insightful

don`t most overflow tanks have an overflow tube/hose?

Some do, some don’t. My Insight doesn’t.

There is always an overflow tube and it would be connected at the pressure relief cap which is often not on the expansion tank. Overflow tanks have no pressure, they are where the overflow tube dumps.

yes on any GM car with a 3800 V6 is what you get no tube coming out to the ground below

nope on any GM car with a 3800 V6 is what you get no tube coming out to the ground below

How is this a “Solution” to a question about an overflow/vent on a reservoir tank???

1 Like

I once received an answer that on GM car with V6 motors the closed cap on the tank plastic tank top has a very small relief hole on the side of it so if the resivor plastic tank ever becomes filled to the top it lest it out at that tiny relief hole .:fuelpump:

I ran across this and thought some might appreciate a classic Corvette with an expansion tank. Those Blue Flame 6s were real power houses, guys.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Corvette+Blue+Flame+6&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjEp7P-w-jRAhWHh1QKHbrNDGoQsAQILg&biw=1200&bih=639#imgrc=VHqc82JhmPczHM%3A