Constant misfire cyl 1

@bamsbambino

What are you going to do, in regards to the fuel injection system?

Replace with the updated part?

Attempt a cleaning?

You are aware that you must replace BOTH headgaskets, even the one that wasn’t bad, yes?

Headgaskets can’t be reused

I’m just mentioning this, in case you didn’t know

But I’m sure you did know that :neutral:

Wow head gasket completely gone, you should have it up and running soon I hope! Glad my injector guess helped.

A head gasket that is gone should have been reflected in the compression readings.

Other than the obvious replacing both head gaskets I will say that there’s no way I’m replacing head gaskets on a 244k miles engine unless the valves are serviced, heads checked for flatness and surfaced as needed, and so on.

I only ran a compression check on the problematic side of the engine. I’m sure if I ran a compression check on the other side I would’ve seen lower compression in cylinders 1 3 5 &7 than 2 4 6 & 8. But not first rodeo on head gaskets on high milage truck. Everything will be done the right way. Thanks guys!

@db4690
both head gaskets are going to be replaced and honestly I’ll just get a fuel injection system from the junk yard since this is a fixer upper to sale.

@bambsbambino

I advise you to play it safe and just buy a new and updated fuel injection system. That way you know it’s working, and you can quickly sell it. The setup can be had for less than $200, if you shop around

And you can proudly mention the new head gaskets AND fuel spider

How do you know that junkyard setup is working correctly . . . unless you see the engine running, before pulling the part

It would suck, if you start the engine, and that junkyard fuel spider is no better than yours :frowning:

I’m impressed with your stick-to-it-ness bambsbamino. Good for you for getting to the bottom of the problem!