Classic Cars with Air Bags

“All we know so far that OP is good at keyboarding”

…and, more than likely…fantasizing.

“And we had fun, fun, fun 'til Daddy took the T-bird away…”

Maybe this is an option for a teen with an abundance of youthful exuberance.
Sneer at death and statistics graphs…

@texases A girl is the driver, but thanks for the information about teenagers and driving! Thanks for everybody’s help!

Do they still show the film “Red Asphalt” as part of high school Driver’s Ed?

Yeah I dont see the distinction anymore between boys and girls. In one of the few times I’ve gotten the salute it was after a teen girl blew through the stop sign and honking in rage a me who stopped for her.

My high school had Ford Tempos for the drivers ed cars and they were extremely underpowered. In some ways a car can also be dangerous if it can’t keep up with high speed traffic. Most modern cars probably won’t have that issue though as people won’t buy cars like that anymore.

Agree. Safe cars are manufactured from the ground up. An air bag mounded in a cabin that folds on impact, does little good. Get him a modern classic…a new Corolla.

“It can’t always be about crash tests”

It can’t always be about " who gives a sh…" What the kid drives either. When a parent looks down at their child in a casket as the result of a car crash, every parent asked themselves what they could have done differently. Have seen it happen many times and every parent, without exception felt that way and admitted to it then or later.

My neighbor lost two teen boys just two years apart… One driving a Crvette over 100 and the other on a high power cycle . Both vehicles were given to them by his family and allowed by the parents. According to the dad, they were going to have cars that he couldn’t afford to have but wanted when growing up. After the second, he sat in our living room and cried about his decisions. He was a wealthy man. But couldn’t buy back his two son’s lives.

Teens might wreck their cars, might not. I’m one of four and we all made it out of our teen years without even having any accidents at all, much less wrecking any cars. We were not stereotypical teens, and his kid may not be, either. That said, teens, even super responsible ones, don’t have a lot of practice driving, and would be safest in a dull, modern car. Nothing I’d call a classic car is old enough to have air bags, though I suppose some modern Porsches are reminiscent of classic Porsches, if not quite identical. I still wouldn’t buy one for a teen, as the potential for trouble is there, and kids don’t need the temptation.