Citroen Returns?

I didn’t say you couldn’t write your 40 year old horror story. I said it doesn’t have much, if anything, to do with the car company and their product today. If it isn’t useful information, why bother? 40 or 50 years ago, Toyotas rusted away quickly, but there is no good reason to bring it up if someone asks about Corolla.

My biggest problem with the entrenched trickle down eliminate endowment crowd, the pope supports Christian values, help others, it is easier for a rope to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to get into heaven, yet crimes against humanity and history ie isis are being committed in the name of religion.

@jtsanders

“If it isn’t useful information, why bother?”

Because people like telling stories and reminiscing about good AND bad things

The purpose of telling stories isn’t always to discourage somebody from doing things

Please stop seeing things so negatively

:tongue:

@Barkydog I’m really sorry to veer off again but I’ve heard that eye of a needle thing so often. You have to realize that the eye of the needle referred to a small opening in the rocks. It was hard for a camel to squeeze through but not impossible. Plus you have to put the whole story in context of that day and the abuse of slave owners to their slaves and servants while riches were hoarded. Plus then remember the story of the talents being hidden away and not invested to produce more talents? Clearly I believe we are to use our resources and talents productively to improve the human condition where we can. We are not expected to take the vow of poverty as was necessary for the disciples in order to travel as they did unimpeded.

Even my distant relative Warren Buffet uses his wealth productively to create more growth and lives modestly. Yeah we must have had a common ancestor a thousand years ago or something.

And to get back to cars, the thing is going back 40 years can work both ways. I had a Dodge back then that was a fairly OK car and our family had several Plymouths. No way today though would I buy one. Some times though its more the dealer you get mad at and not necessarily the manufacturer.

If Citroen comes back to the USA with a car as innovative as its DS_of the late 1950s, I’ll be the first to the dealer"s showroom. I didn’t say I would buy one–I’ll leave that to the wealthy. A revival of the Citroen 2CV would be more in my budget.

@db4690, I don’t mid stories told in the way you mention. It’s when people say they owned a car 40 years ago up and try to influence someone else’s buying decision based on that bad experience. Maybe they don’t mention how long ago they owned the car. I’ve read the stories often enough to know when the tale is really stale. One frequent poster owned an Impala just before the most recent purchase. Now that is a valid tale to tell since it was a 2008 IIRC. But a 40 year old anything isnt worth mentioning to stop someone from a car the poster doesn’t like.

Fiat’s return required great execution and great cars. Didn’t happen. Little 500 is OK but tiny, 500L universally panned, the Dodge/Fiat work van just got savaged by C and D.

@jtsanders. I am the one who had the 2007 Impala and although my particular car had too many problems I know other people with Impalas of similar vintage who have had no problems and excellent experiences with theirs.

@marnet, I knew it was you but didn’t want to use your name, in case you didn’t want to be identified. I am sure you did not want a Chevrolet and maybe any GM car because of your problems.

@jtsanders Thank you for your kind consideration. Truthfully, if I felt I could trust GM vehicles at this point I would have really liked another six cylinder Impala or Equinox. They are comfy vehicles. :slight_smile:

It would be a rare car that didn’t have any redeeming qualities. My 1987 Taurus had great handling and was a comfortable commuter, but it rusted out too quickly. The 1997 Windstar was comfortable and a great family car, but the exhaust gas recirculating system clogged up after a few years, and the dealer couldn’t figure out anything but to replace the intake manifold. I figure that the new manifold would foul quickly and my solution was to buy a different van. Those two issues soured me on Ford, but I wouldn’t bring them up in the context of buying a new Ford product since they are so old.

@jtsanders Yes, the new Ford products have different problems, such as with electronics and the twin clutch automatics. But by and large they are better, although I still would not buy one.