Check Engine Light Scams

So all this time we’ve all been fixing the causes of the light for no reason?

Wow. just imagine how wonderful the world would be if everyone continued driving their cars as the defects in them continued to pile up.

Seriously, the check engine light is telling you that your car’s computer has detected a malfuntion that needs to be addressed. That malfunction could easily be something that if not corrected will allow your engine to destroy itself. Clear the light and continue driving at your own risk.

One problem is, the mechanic who told me the metal had to be cleaned out is in the list of recommended mechanics on the Car Talk listing.

…and this is why I think that list (the Mechanix Files) is totally useless. It only includes positive ratings. Negative ratings are censored.

You would be better off looking to an objective source for a mechanic recommendation.

Monty I’m with you. All those CEL lights are just a government conspiracy to keep our wallets from overflowing with cash. And yes the lights can be shut off only after filling the gas tank, because how else is a guy supposed to sell enough gas to make a living? Our government sattelites can remotely trigger the Check Engine lights at any time, and they do, in order to keep the country running smoothly. If those lights never came on, the auto repair business would drop, messing up the entire financial system of this country. Lord knows we’re in a big mess now, due to the financial markets taking a down turn thanks to the Berney Madoffs and others like him. If the special sattelites that trigger the CEL’s were to suddenly go down, it would surely send our country into a spiriling depression or worse. So when your CEL illluminates, go to your local repair shop and shell out lots of cash just as the government wants to you do in order to keep things in check. By the way, don’t forget to keep your aluminum foil hats on at night due to the fact that’s when it’s easiest for the government to read our thoughts due to decrease in radio wave interference.

;-))