Charging a car battery was never so easy

Up in Wisconsin, January is usually our coldest month.
This is when a weak battery will get sluggish, and for me the first sluggish start and I’ll get a new battery.
In my younger years it was easier to take the time to jump start my truck. I’d rather be guarantee’d that it starts right up now, before my Geratol runs out.

@“Honda Blackbird” . I think the poster had the right intention…to offer some help, but as he/she found out, on this site your have to be correct or someone will call you on it.
The OP most likely has been embarrassed and now afraid to post again. I actually hope the person does return. Though we have shredded his/her original post, he/she may have something more to offer on another subject. Or maybe we can help teach the poster something.
I’ve been corrected a few times, but I’ve learned something new.

Yosemite

“get the best and largest battery that fit in the case.”

I agree completely

In our fleet, there are some Fords that came from the factory with group 58 batteries, but a 65 will fit perfectly in the battery tray. So when it’s time to replace batteries, I put in group 65

When I was still at the Benz dealer, there were some cars that had a group 48 for the gas engines, and 49 for the diesel engines. Yet the tray was the same. So the “secret” was to install the larger battery for all applications

The Original Poster has been banned and their other pure spam post removed.

@Yosemite The OP was spam, along with the other posts tagged as such, then deleted due to 5 posts marked as spam Like you say… no I shant repeat it. But my brother you have to pay attention, unless you need a car wash. f you don’t believe me look at carolyns response.

“You’ll note Ms Debrah was banned. She posted another thread plugging something about a car wash directory, which I removed. This generated some discussion about how wrong much of it was, so I left this one here for you to have some fun with.”

Dang, and I really needed to know where the car washes are.

I’d like to ask you folks about using a car radio in a non-car application but don’t know if that would be enough car related or not. Been kind of quiet around here without the Koreans lately.

@Bing: Feed the radio 12-14 volts with enough current to make it happy and hook up speakers. Should work and sound great. Don’t forget the external antenna if you want to use the radio. Some years back I helped a buddy create a garage “entertainment center” with an old car stereo. Just make sure you match the speaker impedance with what the radio is rated to drive.

Sorry everyone. I forgot the car wash plug.

Another forum I go to…the original post is at the top of each page, so you can reference it.
Unlike here…if you are on page eight…you have to go back to page one to refresh your memory. Many times I have to keep two windows open and keep switching back and forth to keep up.
It would be nice here to be able to just scroll up to the top of any page…1…3…or 7 to refresh your memory.

Yosemite

@oblivion and @yosemite Yeah that’s pretty much what I was thinking. I have an AM/FM/CD in my little shop room adjacent to my garage with speakers for the shop and garage. But my CD is now shot and I get terrible AM reception for some reason now. I think it was the cell tower they put up a few years ago or something. So I was just thinking why not put an auto radio CD unit in with the antenna strung to the attic or even outside. I’m not sure what you would use for a power source though. Would you just use one of those phone charger thingys or something? I don’t know about impedance. I’ve just got standard speakers wired and hung. I guess that’s why I haven’t done anything and lived with the problem. But when I’m waxing my cars I like to listen to Bob Dylan on the CDs and Cash and others. I say yup, Bob and I worked on the cars today.

I have a 110ac to 12v converter leftover from a laptop or something, you need to compare the amp draws of required stuff. The bigger the converter the better. A 14v would probably be fine also, anything smaller than a hershey bar I doubt will fit your needs. Specs for many car dc things I see are 9 to 18v acceptable.