Car without overdrive

How much are they paying you to take a 18 year old vehicle with transmission problems ? Your money your decision . With all the used vehicles out there why even consider one with problems?

600 dollars
 Its in my town,so was wondering
 What does it take to fix?The whole transmission,selenoid? exc
Not familiar with these type of things :slight_smile:

Who knows how much to fix without seeing the thing. And any guesses are just that. If it was cheap to fix don’t you think the seller would have fixed it. Besides Olds is a discontinued line and parts might be hard to find. Call around your area and get an estimate for a complete trans or buy the thing as is and drive it till dies then dispose of it.

Although some might not agree but you get better results if you have your own thread rather than reviving an old one.

Ok,thanks for the info :slight_smile: Appreciated.

I believe the model year 2000 Oldsmobile Bravada is a corporate cousin to the S10 Blazer and the GMC Jimmy

It uses the common as dirt 4L-60E automatic transmission. Anything OP needs to fix his particular problem should be easy to obtain

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about not having an overdrive gear. When you use a tow vehicle, like a truck or SUV, there is almost always a switch for disabling the overdrive gear while towing.