Car Disasters

Car trouble we caused…During our Mon CCD classes (Catholics know what I’m talking about) we used to pull all sorts of pranks on the young priest owner of a very small Fiat. Cross way in alleys, leaning it up against trees, carrying it up a flight of stairs and setting it in the lobby…once we got it about a story and a half up to the roof of a 4 story building, quit but left it suspended there. Only about half the dents were really attributed to us…

I was driving my '79 Toyota pickup back in '89 when the truck began feeling weird and making a thumping noise over bumps. I got out and pushed on the front of the bed to see if I could head in th eright direction for the noise origin. Oddly, when I pushed the front of the bed down the top of the bed was banging against the back of the cab. Figuring the bed mounts had rotted, I got down and peered underneath.

It turned out that the frame had rotted through and broken on both sides. The only thing holding the front half to the rear half of the truck was the bed and its mounts.

I called a flatbed tow truck. My poor beloved pickup was history. I’m the only person I know who literally drove a vehicle until it broke in half in the middle of the street.