Car dealer gets 3 years in prison

I’m getting a little hard of hearing so I don’t mind at all when someone yells. Better than whispering. I also don’t mind large print anymore.

Normal, honest people have a hard time understanding why criminals seeking financial gain will risk so much for so little reward. I learned when I was enrolled in a Law Enforcement course in 1972 that numerous studies agreed that most non violent criminals actually believe they will not be caught. I am very glad these were.

I’m already losing my hearing, due to my job. I wear hearing protection, but if you work around loud, constant noise long enough, there will be long term consequences

Wrong time of the month DB? Did I make an assumption? Yea. If that upset you…I’m sorry.

BTW…you’re NOT a bear…not even close. You wouldn’t stand a chance…just saying.

@MikeInNH‌

Of course I’m not a bear. They’re not even primates, right?

I just sent wes that image because he mentioned poking a bear

I don’t think any of us would stand a chance against a bear, not even a black bear, which is much smaller than a grizzly. Not in a “fair fight” anyways.

I think if a bear decided to attack any of us, the only way we’d come out ahead is if we used firearms. And bears are pretty quick, aren’t they? So you’d better be a fast and accurate marksman, under pressure, I might add

Sarge, a lot of criminals are just plain stupid too, to boot. I told the story before and after all it did happen at the truck stop so is car related. A guy was selling $2000 worth of pot to a couple guys. They pulled a gun on him and took the pot without paying. He got mad and called the police expecting them to help him get his money. Easy catch, all three were arrested.

Another one involved a snatch and grab at the jewelry store. Driver in the get away car, passenger runs in and grabs a $5000 diarmond ring from the display case. Chased by owner and get license etc. Except it was a glass sample worth about $50. Of course its a felony because they thought it was a $5000 ring. In jail for a while.

Another guy walks out the back way of Walmart with a big screen TV under his arm. Loads it in his car, all on camera, and heads to the trailer park. Police find the TV still in the box in the trailer.

All local and verified true. There are others.

Wasn’t there a show called “World’s dumbest criminals” . . . ?!

@MikeInNH We regularly hike in bear (grizzly) country, and carry bear spray, which can be effective if you get it in the bear’s face.

The rangers tell us to make lots of noise and hike in groups. On average, one person is killed every 3 or 4 years by bears in the Rocky Mountains. If we all carried firearms, accidental shootings would probably kill more and still not guarantee complete safety. Grizzlies are large and unless shot in the head or the heart, will not stop once they are provoked.

Grizzlies are not naturally aggressive; but they will be when surprised or when they have cubs.

Many years ago, on a geological expedition in Newfoundland, I was literally caught with the pants down by a black bear. I was on an outdoor toilet when a large black bear approached. The bear decided, luckily for me, that the nearby garbage pit held more promise and he left me alone.

I was watching COPS one day and some scuzzy, skinny addict called the cops because she claimed some lady promised her a “rock” of cocaine for $20, took her money, and didn’t deliver. She wanted the cops to arrest the lady.

Doc, lucky for you you had your pants down anyway so a clean-up was not necessary. Bear spray might be ok but I’d still feel a lot better with a gun.

@Docnick–I really am not sure how tough bears are. We had a problem in one of our state parks being overrun with deer. Our department of natural resources wanted to bring in hunters to thin out the deer herds, but the bleeding hearts had a fit and suggested that beara, be brought in to scare off the deer. It didn’t work. The deer took the bears by three touchdowns.

Hi there. I think this one’s going off-topic. Would you mind redirecting it? Thanks.

Perhaps the car dealer will be making license plates in prison . . . ?

db4690 I have not seen a TV show concerning “dumbest criminals”. I have watched “dumbest stuff on wheels”. Search dumb criminals for some really good ones. I can’t believe the bank robbers who lock the keys in their getaway car or the ones who leave the getaway car running in front of the bank (think Dirty Harry).

This type of thing is going on countless times every day and this guy is a drop in the bucket.

It might be noted that he was caught no thanks to the state vehicle licensing agency and the AG. It was only due to an investigation by ABC News that led to his being caught.
If that news investigation had never happened he would probably still be at it just like all the rest.

Wow! I would have thought he would have been caught when the purchaser went to change the title and it did not compute. Of course many “lowlife” purchasers will not consider title transfer or registration a priority until they’re caught then of course it is not their fault.

Good to see this. I once bought an Astro van with a clean title that turned out to be flood vehicle. Fortunately I was able to get my money back. Should have known the deal was bad. Seller seemed shifty but the paperwork was all in order. I feel sorry for the people who get stuck with these vehicles and don’t find out until too late.