Car Advice - 41-year-old city dweller who's never owned a car!

Naw, who cares? Dagosa had been absent for a while and during that time we started getting all these old discussions popping up. If you don’t take a close look, you think it is current, then find out it is years old. I’ve done the same thing but I don’t think an ad pop up will do it.

Mine shows Dagosa reviving a 3 year old thread

Texases replied in March 2015. There is a line below his post that separates his post from the one under “three years later”, posted by dagosa. Dagosa is guilty as charged! But who cares. He’s a great guy and can drag up a stale thread if he wants to.

Yeah let’s not scare him off again unless he starts talking about sail boats.

Let this post die a natural death,

Apparently. I went back and triple checked, and I’m still showing Dag’s post #71 as being in March of 2015.

Carolyn, is it possible to get a definitive answer on when post #71 was posted?

@the_same_mountainbike Not that it really matters but Dagosa’s activity record shows that post was made 9 hours ago along with others he made about the same time.

Just for curiosities sake TSM , does your screen not show ( 3 years later ) above Dagosa’s avatar ?

I agree.
I have missed Dagosa’s contributions during his long absence.

Yes, and it also shows March 2015 as the date he last posted.

Can we please wait for a definitive answer from Carolyn of when post 71 was posted before continuing to beat this to death?

I see the same thing you do, which is that dag replied to a three year old comment you’d made. I think only he can tell us what led him back to that post in particular; I can’t see exactly what led him there. Maybe he logged in after a while and saw your reply to another comment, and commented again. Nevertheless he came back, and I don’t mean this as a dodge to the question, but that’s a good thing.

The date stamp for post #72 is May 29, 2018 12:19 PM, not March 2015.

That is not the “same thing”, that’s two different dates.

I thought that by saying that dag replied to a three year old comment it followed that the comment was more than three years after the last - meaning new. Pardon the lack of clarity.

Yes yes! 10 character minimum,

Okay, this is what I’m seeing on my screen.

You’ll notice that the date on the right of Dag’s post, the one for 71/83, is dated March 2015 and just to the left of it is the indices indicating that that post & date is for Dag’s post.

Carolyn, if this is incorrect, than what does that all mean?

I really want to know, 'cause something clearly isn’t right here.

Is there any way to poke @Julie_E to find out what she did?

MB

It also clearly states “3 years later” in the upper left-hand area of his post.
:thinking:

1 Like

Mr. Mountain , forget the Mar 2015 . Just above the name ( dagosa ) it indicated that post was made 3 years after activity on this thread had stopped. To the right of your name it had ( 1d ) meaning the post is One day old.

Carolyn agreed that Mr. dagosa did in fact revive an old thread .

1 Like

The screen shot is of three posts, the top one is from March 2015 as indicated on the blue slide. The second one is from May 29.

MB is correct. Dagosa replied to a 3-year old post. The blue slide does NOT line up with a given thread.

The post in question says it was 3-years later AND it’s 1-day old. Take a look at it tomorrow and it’ll say 2d in right hand corner (2 days old).

1 Like

All of the posts INCLUDING Dag’s are dated 2015.
The first 2018 date shows up next to the advertisement. I’ve asked Carolyn why, as it makes no sense to me that Dag’s post would be a 2018 post with a date of 2015.

Please, stop beating this until an explanation is posted by Carolyn. Something clearly isn’t right. Unless, of course, you can explain why Dag’s post is dated 2015, which I’m assuming you cannot, since you keep returning to that same statement oblivious to what my screen is showing and to the point I’ve made and asked Carolyn about.