Can I solve early engine rod knock?

Throttle at WOT when doing the compression test too…No intake vacuum should be present. Compression doesn’t go down appreciably with age /wear…if it does for any reason, then its a real problem…valves, etc…
Lifters are easy to do, yes. Could it be a Cam follower? Could still be a wiggly piston.

Drive it until it will drive no more, then replace it…Your trucks value does not warrant any thought of rebuilding…

Are you opposed to my idea or something? I saw that you didn’t even acknowledge my suggestion.

Blackbird

Put a quart of oil in spark plug hole and then crank it. You’ll surely have a rod problem then.

Thats not nice Kawasaga…and he would have to put the plug back in in order to have the problem you are trying to set him up for… Without that in place…maybe you should have told him to put his head over the hole that he filled with oil and not reinstalled the plug into…and then have an assistant crank the engine… Now THAT would be mean…

I believe it was a wise comment directed at you, BB…following your comments above about an additional quart of oil, but if so, it indicates he didn’t read your entire post. I came to this conclusion a couple hours ago, btw.

Oh…yeah? Am I getting beaten up here again? Why though? Because of an extra qt of oil…or half qt of oil? I didn’t take it as a flame in my direction…you did? Aaah…whatever…wont be the last time…LOL

No, I don’t think it was read completely, as you said in the engine, the comment was in the cylinder…what we have here, is a failure to communicate!

LOL…you want flames? Just wait till everyone reads about how I use a tiny dab of Never Seize on my wheel studs…LOL…I do…and will continue to lube my studs only not the lug face that binds to the wheel/rim…I hate dry wheel studs and frozen lug nuts… Here we go I think… LOL

Blackbird