Camry 96(gen3) 4cyl historical hysterical moment :)

Maybe the coolant is dripping in there from somewhere else under the hood, like a leaking hose.
Some careful observation might show it’s not coming from the head.

I wish that could be the case, but if coolant it’s flying there somehow … once I stopped the car I should be able to see some signs of coolant around I guess!! in top of the spark plug wire … there’s no way to evaporate everywhere in a minute … the problem is you cannot see a drop of coolant outside around there :(((

Hey Tonik…Since the engine work…Have you pulled off the oil filler cap yet? If not, PLEASE DO so for me and let us know what you see in there…I know it will not be much…but what I am interested in…is a “Malted Milkshake” type appearance of the oil under the cap and inside the valve cover…

Depending on what you tell us, will determine whether I ask you to pull off your valve cover… Let us know…I personally am looking DEEPLY into this issue for you Sir, just trying to help

Blackbird

I really really appreciate BlackBird. I will take a look tonight and I will let you know. I am planning to clean the spark plug well … and reinstall it and use those GM coolant tabs - organic roots, which usually block small pores or small small cracks …let it run in parking for 20-30 minutes and if it’s responsive to that than at least I know it’s a really small crack. Those spark plug tubes are removable and can be resealed but since I am not sure if those are intersecting any coolant passages than it makes no sense to play with the spark plug tube … I guess.

It IS possible that the cylinder head has coolant running around or very near the spark plug holes… This would be INSIDE the head…unseen to us, and if SO…there can be a breech in the water jacket near where that tube touches the head…like some weak or thin spot in the casting that has now broken thru…

on toyotanation(dot)com I found a person having EXACTLY the same problem. the difference is they were able to locate the crack, the crack is in the cylinder head right where the spark plug is located, you would not be able to see it only if you remove the spark plugs tubes, that are sealed into the cylinder head.
I believe the shop where my head was, the shitty person that worked on my head never removed those spark plug tubes. ANYHOW … NOW I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. AND IT"S AN INTERESTING ONE.
A few days before that happening I was running a FUEL Cleaner. I never run those things into my car BUT someone bought that thing-it’s an expensive one like 18$ (I believe it’s the most expensive one) I would not gave the name because maybe someone would believe I am bashing the brand name. I am not trying to do that! All I am saying is this:
I had this car for 6 years. I runned this car for 100,000 miles, since I bought it. I always payed attention how to run this car and never abused this car. What are the chances that my head cracked exactly after a few days of running that product in my fuel system/injectors. Could be the crack related to that product. Or could be because my cylinder head was from factory weak in that area and that advanced fuel/injector cleaner developed that problem. I know it’s sounds crazy. But when first time that happened … I explained everyone about this cleaner that I runned into my fuel and everyone said: it’s a simple coincidence.
I mean YOU NEED TO BE f… UNLUCKY to be just a simple coincidence. You run a car daily … 100,000 miles and the cylinder head to crack exactly in that week?! I mean why it didn’t cracked the previous week or … 2-3 weeks later … I AM JUST SAYIN …

No in no way shape or form could any fuel injector cleaner do this to you.

Now if those tubes are removable…they can be removed when the valve cover is removed…so if you can get to the breech…then you can fix the issue…might have to have a guy zap it with a TIG welder to close the breech…OR…if it is just weeping that means there is no pressure at the leak…and a good Epoxy like JB Weld or PB7 or similar might be just the ticket…Of course you would have to degrease the area very well b4 epoxying it… I’d go the Epoxy route first if I were you

It would seem to me that considering the original complaint with the coolant in the plug well followed by removal of the cylinder head and sending it to a shop for work that someone in that chain of people should have considered the possibility of a crack and thoroughly inspected the head at that time.

Agreed OK44…I mean I caught it here on the net… Any skilled mechanic should have known without question that a spark plug WELL filled with coolant Does NOT a Head Gasket Failure Make…ANY DAY ANY TIME…NO WAY AND NO HOW…it just doesn’t…and I know you know what I mean OK44… Which is why I wanted the OP to present that question to the shop…I mean WHY did they do all that…ABSOLUTELY NOT in line with the issue at hand…AT ALL… I am sure you agree

Blackbird