Caliper or brake hose?

i post so often for my equinox and vue issues i can never recall exactly what threads i have. i did find this one. for a prior nox. or was it my vue. they have the same brakes
i put new pads on a different nox yesterday. had it for 1 month so i have not posted any brake issues for it, yet.
dual pistons pushed into caliper 1 just fine. avg effort with C clamp.
caliper 2 was a different story. i had to use cheater bar on c-clamp to push in pistons.
all old pads were worn evenly. rotors looked the same. nox stopped evenly and did not pull. test drove it after work was done and it drives the same. no odd issues. i do have 1 new flex hose left. might put that on the stubborn caliper. but i am not sure what the issue is besides 2 very “stiff” pistons.

Did you try cracking the bleeder valve before pushing the pistons back in . . . ?!

No. I did not

Try it

If you can now easily push the pistons back in, chances are the brake hose is bad

If you still need the “cheater bar on the c-clamp to push in pistons” . . . the caliper is a prime candidate for replacement and/or overhaul

pistons did push back in. i put new pads on and pumped brakes and caliper is not frozen due to pistons not releasing. i drove nox 50 miles and both rotors feel about the same temp. nothing is smoking.

i ordered several wheel bearings for it on 10/22. has free 3 day shipping from cali. went to checkout and it said next day delivery for 1999.00. i passed. i have seen bearings online for 100-250 and even 800. seems the net is full of folks asking whatever they want. part was delivered today. 48hrs from order time to delivery.

So you weren’t able to easily push the pistons in until AFTER you cracked the bleeder valve . . . ?!

edit:
i did not open bleeder to see if pistons would push in easier.
so, fluid is pushed back thru hose into system. or out the bleeder.
so i do not know if it is a piston corrosion issue or flex line issue

I didn’t ever mention bleeding the caliper

The purpose of cracking the bleeder was to narrow down the problem . . .

yes. pistons wont retract. open bleeder. does it help situation. i did not do that