Buying a Used Car -- Am I Nuts?!

Are you being contrary again? Just trying to draw me into an argument? Again?
Playing games with everything I write, trying to make me justify every post?
Forget it. I won’t play your game, and yes, it is a game.

A game? Perhaps there is no use in discussing the merits of vehicle history reports with someone who does not buy or sell used cars, they would have no use for such a service.

1 Like

Nevada, your comments are all critical and aimed directly at me. You’re engaging in a personal attack. Your comments are NOT questions about the subject at hand.
If your implying that only used car sellers and purchasers know anything about CarFax and only they should be commenting means that you yourself should not be posting.

I’m not a surgeon either, but that doesn’t mean I know nothing about the human body. And it certainly doesn’t mean that I have no right to have opinions about it.

I’ve considered attacking back, but your behaviors hurt the forum overall, and I’m not going to sink to your level.

Now knock off your crap. You’re picking fights while hiding behind the internet. That’s cowardice.

CarFax has admitted that they only have access to a small fraction of all repairs on all vehicles. Most vehicle repairs are not done at dealers. One of the requirements for dealers to get carfax reports for the vehicles they sell is they must provide their own repair data to carvax. But small repair shops have no such deal with Carfax. One other place Carfax gets their data from is insurance companies. But many states prohibit the sale of that data to third parties (aka Carfax).

Carfax data acquisition is growing…but barely over 20%. If something bad shows up on the report, then it’s probably accurate. The problem is what’s NOT showing on the report and people then believing the car was never in an accident or had any major mechanical problems.

1 Like