Buddy, Can You Spare A Dime ? How About 100,000,000,000 Of Them ? Ethanol Costs Up This Year?

I should add that my comments aren’t debates on the respective healthiness (or unhealthiness) or chemical composition of the two, only on the taste. To my mind, if it tastes different, and the chemists say it’s the same, than there’s something there that the chemists don’t know yet.

To me it’s sort of like physics. Matter is going to do what it’s going to do. If a theory claims that it shouldn’t do that, and all the conditions are correct, than the problem is in the theory, not in the physics.

"chemist don’t know yet
I ’ m much more skeptical and less kind. These chemist, don’t want “us” to know. The same way tobacco chemist didn’t want you to know why arsenic was in their cigarettes and artificially added more nicotine and urea. It’s about profit, anyway you can.

“Ketchup is more like a dessert topping these days.”

That’s why I use mustard or salsa as a condiment.

Healthy hint: put salsa on baked potatoes instead of butter amd sour cream.

And saurkraut for those inclined…

Speaking Of Ethanol . . .

The Big 3 are taking the EPA to the SCOTUS over ethanol. There’s a story by David Shepardson in today’s Detroit News.

The case will focus on the EPA’s approval of E85, which the auto manufacturers are challenging.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130327/AUTO01/303270323/Auto-group-asks-Supreme-Court-rule-ethanol-case?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

CSA

CSA - you mean E15, right?

Glad to see them doing this, stop the ethanol lobby, please!

Kudos to the major automakers. IMHO the EPA is promulgating regulations without regard for their impact. They’re an agency run amok. The function of a regulatory agency is to promugate regulations for the compliance of the law for which they were founded. The EPA is making its own law now. They’ve long since strayed far beyond the legislation for which they were formed, the Clean Air and Water Act. Changes to any law should be vetted through the legislative process. The EPA ignores that.

@Texases, " CSA - you mean E15, right? "

Yes, I did mean E15 (not E85). Thanks for catching the error.

CSA

CSA
You know what that crap will do to your and my outboards ?

" You know what that crap will do to your and my outboards ? "

I hear you. I’ve not had any gasoline related issues with any of my engines, yet. I drain tanks, run engines dry, and fog each engine going out of season.

My neighbor has had problems with his big Honda 4-stroker outboard and some Honda lawn mowers, though. He was importing fuel, perhaps, from his southern residence.

Is it possible that the stations around here sell only undiluted gasoline ?
And I’ve heard and read that if one buys gasoline at a marina that they will be buying straight gas. Is that accruate ? We have just one small marina left on our lake that sells fuel.

CSA

I just pulled and cleaned the jets on 2 Honda OHC lawnmower engines. The ethanol left a crust that plugged the jets and coated the bowl. The owners never had looked at the owners manual which instructed users to shut off the fuel valve and open the bowl drain for extended storage due to ethanol in gasoline.

CsA
The problem first arose around here with snowmobilers who left gas, even gas that was stabilized, in their snow mobiles over the summer became junked… Stabilizing dosen’t work…only something dedicated. Is best to do what you do…drain and run dry.