Brakes fail after 30 minutes

Apparently I just earned 3badges . Maybe I should focus on things posted nearer to the present.

1 Like

Good idea. This problem was posted years ago. It’s probably been solved.

Maybe? Please allow me to borrow a quote from The King, Elvis Presley
“Thank you, thank you very much”
CSA

1 Like

I went through the thread and looks like all advise was of “heavy artillery” type

I happen to know the likely stupid answer, as I’ve happen to get similar symptoms after doing a break job myself on my 2012 Altima

long story short: I managed to accidentally catch one of pad clips with a pad “key”, the way that clip started to behave like a spring pushing it out from the disk and making for the gap brake system would not close in one pedal pumping cycle. Brakes would engage, but after few minutes of driving would develop a “soft pedal” and I would need to pump it, then would work fine for a minute. Upon disassembling, finding this problem and reassembly everything became normal. I did not catch it from the first time since pad clips on Altima have “springy point” to pull pad in the same direction, so one has to hold new pads from flying out while trying to lock it with a caliper - easy to miss it, especially in low light

anyway, thread is long dead, likely OP resolved the issue one way or another

___ :tulip: :rose: :hibiscus: R.I.P. :hibiscus: :rose: :tulip: ___
Brakes fail after 30 minutes discussion :
:tulip: :rose: :hibiscus: died October '14 :hibiscus: :rose: :tulip:

CSA :ghost:

2 Likes