Brake Specialty

They fixed it correctly now. One of the things that gets me is that when they “fixed” it the first time they say “we had to replace the brake line from the front all the way to the back” like it was some kind of cross-country trip. I don’t like bringing my car to be repaired and if I can do something myself I will. I think - more often than not that half of it is mechanical skill and the other half is theater.

Watch Out! Did Those Guys Have On Mechanics’ Costumes And A Little Grease Smeared Here And There And A Shop Towel Hanging Out Of A Pocket?

They were either actors or hard working mechanics trying to earn a living.
CSA

Accepted, and I know your frustration. Have a good week.

I may have made the mistake of coming to this message board bitching about my situation, looking for support from people that agreed with me, like someone here said. But I don’t see things in black and white. In your case I would say you see things as black or white.

I am glad it is resolved. May I see a picture of the new repair? How long is the warranty on the work?

I think you would be happier if you found a mechanic, whether it be at a dealership, a chain, or an independent mechanic, whom you trust. If you think your current mechanics give you half skill and half theater, you should hold out for someone who can satisfy you without the theater.

The repair looks fine, it’s path is the same as the original one. It is one piece. I don’t expect to have any problems with it. I have gone to a mechanic in this area who has a good reputation but had to wait 3 weeks for an appointment. That is a long time to wait if your car is not drivable. Next time I need a machanic, if the one I have been to is not available I will try someone new. I know there are good, hard working, competent, honest mechanics out there but they aren’t always easy to find. I don’t mean to offend anyone here. As for a warranty I hope I dont have to go back there to find out.

You mean you don’t know how long the warranty is on the work? I would want to know that before I authorized the repair.