Brake pad material

@MikeInNH I loved ThermoQuiet pads and recommended them to almost everyone. Then a few years ago they came out with the ThermoQuietEdge or something like that. That’s when a rash of noise complaints started for me, even on one of my own cars. I can’t have people bringing their cars back after we do brakes complaining of noise. I spoke to a sales rep after I stopped using their pads and he stated that they had changed something about the formulation of their pads and then were forced to change it again after a year or two because of the noise. Perhaps you were lucky enough not to need brakes during that time period.

I’m almost ready to go back to using them, but for me it amounts to trying something on customer’s cars, not my own. That’s a pretty big risk to take.

@MikeInNH
@jtsanders

So Wagner ThermoQuiet brake pads work great for your specific applications

As far as “longest lasting pads” . . . that’s not been my experience. Quite the contrary

I personally would not use them on any of my personal vehicles, nor on any friend’s or relative’s vehicle

Clearly, I have a low regard for them

I agree that Wagner does make some decent brake pads. I just don’t think the ThermoQuiet line is good. At least not from what I’ve seen. And that’s been a lot, as I said.

I consider Wagner SevereDuty to be okay for fleet use. They fit well and can handle the heat and weight of heavy work truck usage. But the noise level is only mediocre. Then again, a work truck has other priorities

Sorry if I can’t bring myself to agree with you guys

But I’m not doubting that you’ve had positive experiences

What works well for one application may not work well for another

:fearful:

@db4690, my experience is in cars only. I’ve used the TermoQuiet pads on my Silhoette, Regal, and more recently on my Accord. I know it’s a small sample, but with that kind of success i will continue to recommend them.