Blown engine

I see your point when it comes to warranty repairs and the whole scenario in general. Couple that with the situation in larger shops where the customer is often isolated from direct communication with the most knowledeable person who is actually doing the work and even good feedback may have been lost. There’s always a segment of the customer base that can’t be told anything and only want to point fingers after the fact too. Appreciate the perspective you put on it.

As a hard core DIY for my entire life, I tend to look at things like I would do them and forget some of the difficulties of the trade. I worked a short stint early on but it was so long ago, those experiences have mostly been lost to the fog of time. I do have a number of professional mechanic friends who work in various environments from dealerships to independents. One guy recently got sick of the shenanigans and cut bait to start his own shop.

I really appreciate everyone’s input. Although I’m still not sure where I stand with this repair shop that lead me to believe that the car was fixed. I’m a single mother of 3 juggling 2 jobs and unfortunately have very little time to pursue it properly. But your posts have been helpful and I thank all of you.