Biofuels from the Ocean

What will we do with all the batteries from the huge car industry? What will this new demand do to the electrical grid? Can’t do what Tesla dreamed of and let it flow freely to everyone. There has to be a company that takes the ball and runs with it. Will Oil companies really switch to electrical generation. No profit in that for them. Too much change in the automotive industry. Unfortunately, I believe we are stuck with the current infrastructure. We had the oil embargo crisis in the 1970’s. What did it get us? SUVs? We did not evolve into really changing the system other than smaller cars. The industry will not change as radically as a large scale conversion to electrically powered vehicles. No profit for those with the money.

My lab is working on biofuels. Unfortunately we are linked to an oil company so discussion is prohibited. I am authorized to state that biofuels from phytoplankton are planned to phase out ethanol from corn and terrestrial plants. The benefits are that they do not compete for fresh water, they only require sunlight, they are fast growing, efficient to process and can provide a source of protein for humans. Recall tofu? So you can have your gas and eat it too. Timescale. Give us a few more years but not many. So don’t fear about corn and high fuel | food prices. There are plans in the energy company I work with to take full advantage of the biofuel market.

For the politically minded here. It will be good for the liberals and the conservatives. We are trying to make everyone happy.