Best riding and driving car you have ever owned?

Best ride was a '93 Econoline conversion van. That thing rode like a limo, and it had a huge gas tank so you could go 600+ miles before you had to fuel up. It was like a little business jet inside too, very plush and the seats were like sitting in your recliner in the living room. Loved that van, but it was from a more innocent time when nobody worried about oil depletion or gas prices.

Best driving car depends on what criteria. Best all-around would be my '07 TL, but my '93 MR2 and '91 CRX both run circles around it in the handling department.

1972 Sedan DeVille. Tilt telescoping wheel that made driving enjoyable. Power seats that did the same. The dashboard was great and it had a perfect temperature control. Ten MPG highway wasn’t so great but 99 cents a gallon was good. 37 cents in 72.

@‌Bing

As for that local fundraiser

Show up driving a 1984 cutlass supreme

I suppose a 1987 El Camino or 1988 monte carlo would also do, in a pinch

Donate a bottle of thunderbird

I guarantee you people will talk

And they won’t have nice things to say

I remember when every “self-respecting” gangster was driving those cars . . . lol

Is ‘gangster’ a new way to say ‘pimp’? In the mid-eighties I shared a ride to college in a friend’s decade-old Cutlass, given to her by an insurance agent father. She was a scary bad driver and I has to keep my eyes peeled. Golly did that boat wallow. And the striped red and gold velour seats were… uh, something. They reminded me of the circus. That was the heights of ‘personal luxury’, as they called it then, as if previous luxury had been impersonal.

Don’t remember the best but here the worst.

I owned a Toyota Hilux 4WD pickup and while on a trip from STL to Memphis I stopped in Sikeston Mo for a bite. I ate at Lammerts which is famous for “throwed rolls”. If your not familiar with Lammerts then your really missing a treat. Raise your hand and they will throw a fantastic tasting roll across the room to you. Somebody then comes along and whaps a big dollop of honey or molasses on it if you want.
Order your food with sides and they come along and fill your plate with more sides. Eat your dinner (roast beef, catfish, etc.) and they will give you more. If you leave hungry then you have a real problem and need professional help.

Well, I ordered a bowl of beans and a glass of milk. Ate my beans and also, at no charge, fried potatoes, fried okra, rolls and the milk came in a quart mason jar.

Back on the road I FELT EVERY BUMP AND CRACK highway 55 had to offer.
In hindsight part of the bad ride was due to my overfull belly. The truck still rode bad.

Best riding: 1966 Lincoln Continental 4dr (suicide doors). Very smooth on the interstate.
Most fun to drive: 1997 Miata

I drove an Opel GT once and while it was fun that car was far more cramped than the '59 Corvette I had and which had no breathing room at all.

Can’t believe that me and 2 buddies (one of them a BIG ole boy) and a case of beer took a 200 mile round trip in that Corvette with the top in place. Sardines in a can had more wiggle room.

@pleasedodgevan2: I had a 1974 Coupe DeVille. It was a great riding car and actually handled reasonably well for the boat that it was. At least better than a lot of cars its size, which were still prevalent when I had it in the mid 80s. I used to average 8-9 MPG in town, but on the highway it would actually get close to 20MPG. I didn’t have a tach, but that huge 500cid V8 was basically just fast idling at highway speeds.

For a pure fun driving experience, an RX-7…For an 800 mile day on the interstate, a Crown Victoria…For flaunting it, a Cadillac Allante with the top down…