Best minus size snow tires for 2007 Honda Odyssey?

Great tips … thanks! Yeah, I’ll probably get a second set of rims, but was thinking of just getting them through TireRack as a package with the tires. They have new steel rims starting at about $80-some each.

That’s what I did for my 1999 Honda Civic after its first winter. Those rims are awfully rusty but still working fine every winter since.

Yep, separate rims and tires worked great for me in Anchorage. Just get great winter tires in the stock size, you’ll do great.

The Mustangs and Camaros you see perched atop the guard rail don’t have snow tires on them. I have only used snow tires one winter since the 70s when I had a VW bus, I put studded snows on that to stop my wife from sliding sideways off the road. She would get scared every time the wind blew, hit the brakes and slide sideways off the road and swear she never touched the brakes despite the fact that I could read the skid marks. It is hard to teach someone to ignore fear and take rational,informed action.

Great place to visit during the summer, or winter if you’re really into outdoor snow activities. I grew up in Pulaski NY - and I’ve been there when we had well over 300" of snow one year. We always considered Tug Hill snow country.