Battery trouble again, really need advice

I was just looking at chargers for myself, the power supply’s I have are far too expensive to be using for charging car battery’s! ( I JUST got done touble-shooting a parasitic drain on my own car. a couple weeks ago!) And I found this one for $20.99 and it has a voltage and current meter on it. I"M buying that one, and it will help you as well as you go looking for things elsewhere with your meter, and can still monitor the state of your battery. LOOK! Buy this not the other.

It is from the interior lights, having the doors open to fool around with a power outlet volt meter. Also the doors are probable left open while loading/unloading groceries for a longer period that the vehicle is driven.

This volt meter has only inspired mischief and more short trips. When a customer comes in with a discharged battery I review the miles between visits and recommend a battery maintainer in a case like this, not a gadget that will misguide or distract them.

The OP has spent more money on a battery jumper and power outlet volt meter, both the wrong device for this problem, than the cost of a battery maintainer or battery charger.

There are solar panel battery chargers designed for the OP’s condition, Harbor Freight has one for $15 that is placed on the dash.

Nevada_545

If you had been following this from the start, you would know you were wrong, she is on battery # 3,
And the charger I suggested will be a lot more consistent, and is metered. No way a solar panel is going to always give a solid 2A output. And do we know where she lives? Up here a solar panel is not going to put out 24 Watts this time of year, especially on a cloudy day. And if you had read my posts, I already DID suggest a trickle charger. Also, a dome light being on for just a couple minutes is never going to cause the kind of problems reported. At night should she hang a spotlight over the solar panel? LOL Wait, here’s a great idea, put the panel in front of the headlights, to charge the battery! I’ve just invented the 1st free energy!

I have been following two threads posted by the OP on this topic, how is the fact that three batteries have been discharged a factor?

It is generally easier to replace a battery under warranty than to recharge the battery and tell the customer the battery is good, recharging a battery occupies a stall in the shop for hours. A road service mechanic cannot recharge a battery, they can leave the vehicle owner with the discharged battery or replace it and collect the service fee from AAA.

A battery in a poor state of charge is affected by loads on the battery while the engine is off.

Oh brother.
Do you really think it takes more than 15 seconds to turn off the engine and read the meter?
Any battery that could not take 2 minutes of the dome light being on was never going to start the car anyway. But I’ll tell you what you seem to need to hear. Your right. Feel better?

Don’t ask me, ask the OP how long the doors are left open. People open the doors for several minutes each time they go to the grocery store.

1 Like

You broke your promise!
OP said she’s done posting; and may not come back to this forum because of unfriendly atmosphere.

1 Like

Nice back-pedaling on what I was trying to say in the first place.
You were making big assumptions on what you didn’t know.

No, I thought you might have some useful information on how to find a place that has calibrated pressure gauges.

Hi everyone it’s me again, i just want to apologize for going off the deep end i was just stressed about this whole car thing, in fact i was actually having nightmares about it. I got carried away and if I was in someone else’s shoes I would be mad at me to if I thought someone wasn’t driving their car enough and they didn’t listen and start driving it more. Everyone was trying to be helpful in their own way, and i was being way to sensitive. We are taking the car out every other day and I’m keeping an eye on the voltage meter. You really have to be careful of the words you speak about your life, I said we weren’t going to have a good thanksgiving and man we sure didn’t. Our cat got very sick and started throwing up and not eating. By the time we got him to the vet the next day his temp was 107 which could be fatal. Long story short and 2 vet trips later he was still sick and hardly eating. God came through for us again and healed our Binky, he is now eating a lot .We are so grateful to God who is so filled with mercy and grace even for a mess like me. God bless and Merry Christmas.

1 Like

Hi everyone i have one more quick thing to say , i just saw the posts that people posted after i said i wasn’t going to post anymore. I should have looked at them sooner, i didn’t mean to start any arguments and like i said no one was being curl or cruel i was just stressed from lack of sleep which is obvious from my spelling. God bless.