Automatic Transmission - Toyota

A few days won’t cut it. My interest is far deeper and more ongoing than that.
Besides, in all honesty I’ve never seen availability to a manufacturer’s documents for a few days for a few days only. If you can provide a link, love to look into it.
The fees are not tax deductible unless you’re using them as a business expense. I’m no longer in business.
Do you have a link?

mountainbike

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/appmanager/t3/ti

I’ve used it . . . $15 for 2 days access seems fair, I suppose

Use your 2 days wisely, print out everything you think you might need. The best part is you get access to service bulletins, recalls, campaigns, service manuals, wiring diagrams, etc.

I’ve found some obscure bulletins and stuff which really came in handy, a few already

Db, I appreciate the link, but unfortunately my computer won’t open it. I’m gonna save it though and play with it later. If I can get it to work I’m sure I’ll find use for it in future. I agree, the price is fair.

mountainbike

google this . . . toyota tis

That should allow you to find a link that does work for you

I wonder if your computer somehow recognizes that website as a security threat . . . LOL

SMB, if you consider it the cost of a hobby or continuing education, $15 every so often is not a bad deal at all. You talk about the issue as if it is to quench your intellectual curiosity, and that seems like a great prescription for continuing education.

I have to explore further, but Toyota TIS definitely looks like the answer. Thanks.

Jt, I also use it to get technical info for my car. I’m always fooling with the car, to the point that my neighbors kid me about it. Sometimes if I have nothing to do I’ll pop the hood or drive the car up on ramps and just poke around to see if I can find something to work on.

Not today, though. It’s 36F out there, too cold to be sliding under the car just to poke around.

Sometimes if I have nothing to do I’ll pop the hood or drive the car up on ramps and just poke around to see if I can find something to work on.

If it isn’t broken keep working on it until it is!

LOL, we used to have a saying in the Air Force re: our B52s, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.
I’ve even gone so far as to touch up paint UNDER the car!

Yes it downshifts all by itself. If you touch the brakes going downhill it will immediately do it. Same thing in our 07 Yaris sedan. With the cheapo shifting gate I like it because I’m not touching the shifter to downshift. Noisy, bent plastic junk.

Yes, they downshift the minute you tap the brakes going downhill and the only way they will upshift is a firm push on the gas pedal. My Mazda has a display in the cluster that shows which gear my automatic transmission is in. Coming from mostly manual cars, that display has helped me understand the auto better and am able to get better mileage out of it.

"My Mazda has a display on the cluster…"
I wish that was standard fair in all automatics instead of the sometimes useless gauges. That seems worth while as just using the rpm gauge is deceptive when coasting and going down hill. Next car will definitely be a Mazda Pick Up…oh, they don’t make them ?/$&@

Btw, the wife’s 2013 Toyota definitely down shifts as well to control speeds.i also wouldn’t overthink this too much as Toyota transmissions are very reliable and a quick call to a service department of your somewhat newer car can easily verify everything, one way or another.

@galant‌

“My Mazda has a display in the cluster that shows which gear my automatic transmission is in.”

Please clarify that statement

Does the display show what actual gear the tranny is in?

Or . . . does the display show what position the gear shift lever is in?

In the case of my Camry . . . which also has a display in the cluster . . . it’s the latter

@db4690;

It shows the gear number, from 1-6; the position thing PRNDL is there too. I believe has the gear number b/c of the manual shift. I don’t use the manual shift, useless IMO for the most part even though I would love to have a stick shift car.